This is a guidebook to the Shikoku Pilgrimage Route in English published by Shikoku Pilgrim Path Preservation Cooperative Association. The ﬁrst part explains how to prepare for and make the pilgrimage, and the second part offers brief descriptions of the 88 main temples. This book helps you to understand the Pilgrim Path more deeply. We also recommend you use it along with Shikoku Japan 88 Route Guide.
Length about 26cm/10.2inch
Width about 18cm/7inch
Thickness about 0.8cm/0.3inch
(Table of Contents)
- Chapter 1: Time
- Chapter 2: Number of days required
- Chapter 3: Preparing for the trip
- Chapter 4: Costs and a Budgeting
- Chapter 5: How to Plan
- Chapter 6: Pilgrim Goods and Things to Pay Attention To
- Chapter 7: Equipment and Things to Carry
- Chapter 8: Weight of the Gear
- Chapter 9: Pre-departure Preparations
- Chapter 10: Money
- Chapter 11: Making Reservations
- Chapter 12: Manners at the Sacred Sites
- Chapter 13: Rules(Do’s and Don’ts)of a Pilgrim
- Chapter 14: How to walk the Pilgrim Path
- Chapter 15: Sleeping Outside
- Chapter 16: About Takuhatsu
- Chapter 17: Waterfall Training
- Chapter 18: Going Home – the End of the Training
- Distance chart of basic walking course for Shikoku Pilgrims
- 3days Model Course of the Pilgrim Path at Tokushima
- Weight cart of gear to be carried by walking pilgrims (unit: gram)
We accept VISA, MASTER and AMEX credit cards.
PayPal payment is available.
We ship all over the world by Japan Post EMS.